The perfect combination of strength, low maintenance, and beauty is possible with the selection of engineered stone countertops. Although this material is fabricated, these countertops are considered environmentally-friendly and adaptable to any room in the home.
This hygienic surface is resistant to stains, contaminants, and heat offers the best features of all countertop materials.
Popular Engineered Stone Brands
- CaesarStone – A stunning line of surfaces that can fit just about any commercial or residential space with refined style, rich veining, and easy care.
- Cambria – Elegant and practical are a perfect marriage of qualities available in this beautiful collection of countertops.
- Silestone – Unique Bacteriostatic Protection is exclusive to this collection that offers strength, vibrant colors, and contamination resistance.
- Pental Quartz – With the assurance of the Earth Kosher certification for safe food preparation, the low-maintenance product line is perfect for kitchens.
- Chroma Quartz – Achieve the uniformity or uniqueness that you desire in a countertop, with the bonus of superior durability and easy maintenance.
What are other colors and options are available in engineered quartz?
The initial appeal of engineered quartz stone is the seemingly limitless options as far as patterns, colors, and textures that you can select from. Brand competition causes a constant expansion of new options at the advantage of the consumer.
Compared to natural materials, the colors and textures are usually going to appear more uniform, but there are some products that mimic these same qualities.
- Colors – Any color that you can imagine is available in engineered quartz because this is added in the fabrication process. It is possible to match any decor with neutral tones if you want a more sleek appearance. On the other hand, more vibrant colors are also available for a more unique room addition.
- Patterns – Creating an appearance that is nearly identical to natural stones, such as marble, is always a popular look. The main difference in the patterning begins with the way the quartz material is ground for production. A flecked appearance comes from the more coarsely ground material, while a smoother look is achieved from a finely ground stone.
- Finishes – The versatile finish options include a matte style, reflective polishing, or unique texture on the exterior of the countertop.
Where can engineered quartz be used?
The qualities of engineered stone are perfect for any interior room and surface, from flooring to walls. It can be heavy so this may limit your options somewhat, but it can be fabricated in a thinner style for unique application needs. Some of the resins used to add color are not resistant to outdoor UV rays so it should be limited to indoor use.
What are the cleaning and maintenance requirements?
Everyday cleaning is simple with a mild soap and warm water, with the possible addition of a nonabrasive cleaner if necessary. Engineered quartz is not susceptible to bacteria, mold, or mildew so sanitation should be very easy in any room.